Sunday, August 06, 2006

Alberta Bound

Cowboys and oil rigs. It wasn't either of those things that Mom and I were looking for in Canada's Texas, rather a cute little Thiessen I hadn't seen in over a year. With Starbucks just around the corner, Mom and I weren't too upset when we arrived at Moni's and she still wasn't home from work. When we returned two hours later and she still wasn't home, Mom and I were left with no choice but to break in (what would the neighbours think if we just sat around on her front steps for hours?!?). When her work day was finally done, we were greeted with quick hugs from Moni, immediately followed by an onslaught of insults about everything from my fashion sense to my breakfast of choice and everything was back to the way it's always been. Ahh, sisters. In our two days in E-town we sauntered up and down Whyte Ave and cruised around IKEA, Winners, West Edmonton Mall, and (like good Canadians) MEC.
Moni & Mom
Despite all my efforts, the two old(er) Thiessen girls couldn't be convinced that roller coasters really are fun and that we should try this one out.
West Edmonton Mall's Ice Palace
Sunrise on our drive home

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home