Saturday, July 08, 2006

What would you do...

...if I sang out of tune? Would you stand up and walk out on me? Lend me your ears and I'll sing you a song, I will try not to sing out of key.

What does that song mean for a child of the '80s? It means the bonds of friendship between Kevin Arnold, Paul Pfeiffer, and Winnie Cooper. It means remembering the joys and growing pains of being a teenager. It means nostalgia through rose-coloured glasses at its sentimental finest. And from now on it will probably always remind me of this past year in Germany.

Thanks to Wes' extensive DVD collection (or should I thank Wes' downloading grandmother?), I watched the entire Wonder Years series while in Bamberg. Every episode of every season. That's 115 episodes over the course of six seasons. Those series creators were geniuses. I laughed, I cried, I got annoyed with Kevin's spastic temper (you try watching six seasons in the amount of time you'd normally watch one and see if you don't get annoyed), and in the end I agreed with Kevin that "growing up happens in a heartbeat, but the memories of childhood stay with you."

*Queue the sentimental music and begin to reminisce*




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home